You can view bricks and create your own by clicking on ‘The Wall’ in the menu on the top left of the page.
Choose a blank brick from the wall, or click the 'Create Brick' button on the top right to open the brick drawing tool. Here you have three ways to express what you want to say
Upload a photo or image of your choice, ensuring that you or others cannot be identified from it
- Click on the first (landscape) image under ‘Text Tools’.
- An ‘Upload Control Panel will appear.
- Click on the ‘Browse for Images’ button which will take you to photo files.
- You can then double click on the image you would like to use. It will appear in the upload control panel bar.
- Then click on the ‘Confirm Upload’ button. Your picture will now appear on the brick.
You can then change its colour, blur it, crop it, turn it on its head and make it look however you want it to. Just remember not to use any identifying photos or names.
These tools help you to draw words or pictures.
- Click on the pencil icon under the ‘Drawing Tools’ menu.
- You can change the colour of the tools and the width of each of them by clicking on the = or – buttons.
- You can also choose the type of drawing effect (brush/pencil/spray paint) you want
- Click on the letter icon under the ‘Drawing Tools’ menu
- Select your font and size for typing
- Type in the text you want in the box that appears. To change the size of the text use the + and – buttons.
- To change the size of the text box, click on the grey triangle at the bottom right of the text box and then drag to the desired size.
- Double click on the text box and drag to move it around.
- To rotate your text in the box, hover the cursor (usually hand icon) over one of the grey squares at each point of the square. A circular black arrow will appear. You can now spin the text box around.
- Change the colour of the text by clicking on any colour from the paint palette at the bottom left.
If you choose ‘Add New Drawing Layer’ each time you want to add something new, you will be able to delete the layers you no longer want. So, for example, if you have a green background as layer one, a photo as layer two and two text messages as layer three and four, you can delete just the layer you want to by highlighting the layer number and clicking delete. That way you don’t lose all your hard work if you change your mind about something.
You can now save your brick, which will take you to another page with your brick preview. Here you can:
- Give your brick a name.
- Type in any text related to the brick. Sometimes it is an explanation of the image, a question and so on. Remember to add topics.
- Choose to have the brick either ‘Public’, so your username will be displayed with the brick, or ‘Private’, so the brick will be posted as ‘Anonymous’. When you reply to a comment on a brick that you have created anonymously your reply also comes up as anonymous.
- Decide whether or not you want people to comment on the brick. The ‘Allow Comments’ box will allow you to choose by ticking or unticking it.
- Change the status of your bricks at any time from your account page. For more information on this, go to ‘Your Privacy’.
- If you are running low on time or inspiration, click on the save button so the brick remains on your account page and you can return to it at a later date.
When you have finished, click on ‘Post Brick’ to add your brick to those already making up the wall. Enjoy!