Last updated: 01 November 2016
- 'Member' means a member of the site and 'membership' shall be interpreted accordingly.
- 'Site' means the website located at www.bigwhitewall.com ('our site') .
- 'We' or 'us' means BigWhiteWall Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06227377, with a registered office at 3rd Floor, 16 Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H 0BS, and 'our' shall be interpreted accordingly.
- 'You' means you, the user of the site and 'your' and 'yourself' shall be interpreted accordingly.
- 'Your data' means any information about you which makes you personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, financial details (including bank account number, bank sort code and credit card details), member name, password, comments, profiles, personal descriptions, photos and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us or otherwise via the site at any time.
We take the privacy rights of members very seriously and seek to ensure the highest standards of compliance with United Kingdom data protection laws and regulations. Our main aim is to provide a safe place for you to share your thoughts, feelings and discussions with others in a confidential environment, where your anonymity is respected.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or information on our site (including when you register as a member and when you update your member settings or if you otherwise use our site, whether or not you are a member). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and if you report a problem with our site or services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Among other things, we ask you for your e-mail address, a password, your date of birth and gender, the country you live in and a member name. When you choose a member name, we highly recommend that you choose one that is not related in any way to your real name in order that you can remain anonymous.
- Information such as your IP address and the browser you are using.
As a member you will be given your own profile page which will grow and develop the more you use the Site. All the bricks you have posted, sent or received will be displayed on your profile page. It will also show any recent postings and comments from your friends. Although this page is available to the public, you will only be identified by your member name. You must make sure that you update your data in the member settings area as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Use of information
We use your data to: monitor, develop and improve the site, and optimise your experience; process your registration as a member and process and administer your membership; process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you; and investigate any suspected breach of the terms made by or otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including investigating usage that may be inappropriate.
We may disclose your Data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BigWhiteWall Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Any information provided by you during the course of LiveTherapy sessions will be regarded as medically sensitive information and will only be used for the purposes of the therapist continuing to assist you under those sessions. Such information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior written consent in accordance with the provisions of the Access to Medical Reports Act, 1988.
When (and only when) requested by you, and only to the extent requested by you, we will also use your data to send you and keep you updated with information by e-mail or message through the site about existing and new services and special offers from us and to send you information by e-mail or message through the site about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of receiving any information, You can use the facility contained in any such communication or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your member name, and from whom you do not wish to receive further communications.
You control your privacy
When creating a brick, you can choose which privacy level you wish to attach to that brick, either public or private. Should you choose private, your brick is visible to all visitors to and members of the site but it does make the brick posting entirely anonymous and not even your member name is displayed. A public setting allows everyone to see that the brick was created by your member name. You may change these settings at any time in the members' settings area of the site. Changes will appear immediately on the site, but please be aware that some content may still appear in archived or cached pages.
The site is an anonymous website where you so choose, but please protect your online identity with as much discretion as you would your offline identity. Do not disclose sensitive information such as your bank details, nor place information, or your e-mail address, in public areas of the site that could be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. It is important that you are aware that any of your data or other information which you disclose to another member may then be disclosed on the site by that member.
Third party information sharing
Where relevant, your member name and information you voluntarily provide in your member profile will be published on the site and this will be the identity by which you are known on the site and seen by other members with whom you interact. Where other members wish to chat or otherwise contact you, they will be able to identify you by your member name and any other information you may yourself disclose via the site.
Use of non-personally identifiable information such as your IP address allows us to see how the site is being used and therefore make sure that we are continually customising the site for your benefit. We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties (we will not share your data unless you request it).
Often we may need to share your data with other service providers in order to facilitate the running of the site. For example, third parties associated with hosting server co-locations or payment processing for product or services. When this happens, we implement strict contractual agreements with such third parties limiting the use of your data to activities specific to the site.
We may pass your data to other parties in certain circumstances. We may disclose your data to our employees and agents to administer your membership and the services provided to you by us now or in the future. We may also disclose your data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please be aware that the site may link to other websites that may be accessed by you through the site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites. We do not have any control over the use to which third parties may put your data where you choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via the site and we take no responsibility or liability for such use by third parties. Please check any policies on such websites before you submit any personal data to them.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.